The article contains all the usual tripe about failure to invest in communities, but this comment under the article nails it:
“How to greatly reduce your chances of living in poverty:
1) Stay in school and get at least a high school diploma. The dropout rate in some inner cities is about 50%. The lack of a high school diploma virtually ensures a life of poverty;
2) Avoid drugs and alcohol;
3) Avoid gangs and criminal activity;
4) Don’t have a child until you are financially secure and in a committed relationship.
5) Don’t waste money on non-essentials.
6) Speak standard English.
7) Maintain decent personal hygiene and wear clean clothes in public.
Yeah, I know, that’s racist, but if you’ve followed the above seven ideas the odds are that you won’t have to be trying to make a living working in fast food.”