8 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Rick
10 months ago

“Pension reform” what the neck does that mean? They all say it, but it has no meaning. It’s a conversation ender that lets them walk awaY as though they know what they are talking about. We need leadership that starts conversation. Call it “Pension cuts”, “pension bankruptcy”, etc. when you are out of money that measure becomes true pension reform.

debtsor
10 months ago

I’ve had numerous people ‘in the know’ in Illinois tell me that, in general, our state legislators are all dumber than a box of rocks. The job is essentially a part-time job that doesn’t pay all that well, and they have to spend a lot time in Springfield away from their families (the most boring city in the state). So really, the only people who want the job are those who aren’t very good at doing much else, and generally are of below intelligence – b/c if they had the intelligence, they would get a real job that actually paid… Read more »

MikeH
10 months ago
Reply to  debtsor

Besides, if math scores improved, you’d have more kids realizing how flawed the math that drives the state racket is. Can’t have that.

Freddy
10 months ago
Reply to  Mark Glennon

Mark I’m sure there are a more than a few politicians that have good intentions but hit a brick wall when they introduce probably good bills that just go to die in committee. There are at least 5,000 bills that will never see the light of day. Think of how frustrating that must be for many politicians One person decides which bills will be voted on and that has to change. A lot of work goes into some bills. Would voting for the Speaker of the House on a state wide ballot be better? Think. If all the great work… Read more »

debtsor
10 months ago
Reply to  Freddy

I’ve read a summary (linked from this site) of a summary of the scores of bills passed, and realistically, 75% of them are little more than fluff that don’t accomplish anything, and the remaining 25% actually damage the livability of the state. Do we really need harsher texting and driving laws? Really? Do we really need infanticide up until the moment of first breath? Do we really need an unfair progressive tax? Do we really need LQBTQ+ indoctrination of our vulnerable tweens? Did we really need to double the gas tax to pay for pet projects and underused community centers… Read more »

Freddy
10 months ago
Reply to  debtsor

So true! The texting law I believe falls under “Distracted Driving” which could mean eating a sandwich-looking for papers-reading a book -putting lipstick on a pig. Now police have many more reasons for pulling us over besides the seat belt law. Soon they will pull us over for going the speed limit and give us Pension Citations. Officer would say my pension is underfunded so here’s a $50 ticket- price depending on the value of your car.

NB-Chicago
10 months ago

No article linked?? But listed to wgn-mcqueere pension round table and h steans was one of guests (at least shes willing to debate), and if shes spokesperson for dem machine, its clear they have no plan for pensions ,not even on the radar. https://wgnradio.com/2019/09/09/city-club-of-chicago-the-pension-problem-what-happens-now/