Illinois is the extreme outlier nationally when it comes to losing people. Illinois is one of just four states to shrink over the past decade and no state has lost more population during that time period.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
Here are the facts every Illinoisan should know.
Read Wirepoints research here to learn more about Illinois’ out-migration problem:
- Yes, the rich are fleeing Illinois and they’re taking billions with them
- New IRS data reveals winners and losers of wealth migration across 50 states
- Illinois’ demographic collapse: fewer immigrants, fewer babies and fleeing residents: Special Report
- Leaving Illinois: Does anybody care about people like us?
- Residents are leaving and taking their incomes with them (Part 1)
To see the entire list of Wirepoints out-migration research and commentary, click here.