In this interview Ted covers:
- Mayor Lightfoot’s proposed 2020 budget that relies on taxes and one-offs, meaning more trouble and more deficits next year.
- Expect Lightfoot to pass property tax increases if she doesn’t get what she wants from Springfield.
- Chicago has record deficits, junk credit, growing out-migration and a poor housing market despite the strong national economy.
- Why Chicago’s junk credit rating matters during a boom economy.
Read more about Chicago’s financial crisis:
- Lightfoot’s budget won’t stop Chicago’s downward spiral
- Chicago’s Pitch For New Bond Refinancing Is Mighty Fishy
- Chicago teachers strike: Why is no one talking about pensions?
- Here is the list of benefits Mayor Lightfoot is offering to the teachers’ union and why it’s terrible for Chicagoans
- Why Chicago’s Lightfoot should push for a pension amendment, not tax hikes