“It’s time for shared sacrifice in Illinois. It’s not fair for the private sector, which is getting crushed – up to 2 million Illinoisans may lose their jobs – to pay for a public sector that continues untouched, protected by long-term contracts and guaranteed pensions. It’s not fair to ordinary Illinoisans.”
Read more about the impact of the Coronavirus on Illinois:
- The COVID-19 crisis: It’s time to move past the public health vs. economy argument
- Illinois’ near-insolvent unemployment trust fund can’t handle surge in unemployment claims, will need to tap federal loans
- Illinois Finally Starts Collecting Key Coronavirus Hospitalization Info.
- Coronavirus impact may push Illinois state pension debt to over $300 billion
- Don’t Let States Rob COVID-19 Funds to Bail Out Pensions
- Bad Public Pension Bailout Ideas Now Surfacing
- State of Illinois provides first look at possible revenue impact from downturn
- Will Recession Revive Discussion of Municipal Bankruptcy and Bankruptcy-for-States?