“You’ve got one million Illinoisans unemployed, nobody knows what’s happening with the economy, we’re only now starting to open up. And yet the government passed a record spending budget – the biggest ever – with no cuts, no furloughs, no kind of savings whatsoever to give relief to Illinoisans that have to pay for that government.”
Read more about COVID-19 and the impact on Illinois:
- Illinois government jobs protected, private sector jobs decimated during COVID-19 shutdown
- No cuts, record spending, and hoping for a bailout. Eight things you need to know about Illinois’ 2021 budget.
- Questions Illinois Reporters Should Ask Governor Pritzker and Dr. Ezike
- Big raises for Chicago Teachers Union, state’s AFSCME shows where federal aid to Illinois will end up
- Trading at junk levels: Illinois borrowing costs 5 times higher than AAA-rated states
- Pritzker’s overly-restrictive shutdown rules make Illinois a national outlier
- Half of Illinois’ deaths linked to retirement homes. Five key facts you should know.