Ted was on with Mary Griffith of WTAD talking about the loss of population in the Quincy area and across Illinois as a whole.
Illinois competes with its neighbors for people, jobs and businesses, and right now it’s losing. Too many people are finding its too expensive to live here, there’s not enough good paying jobs, and they are tired of the political corruption. People get fed up and then leave.
In all, the Quincy area has lost over 5 percent of its people since 2010.
Interview starts at 15:30
Read more about Illinois’ loss of people:
- Bleeding people: 93 of Illinois’ 102 counties lost people between 2010 and 2019
- New 2020 Census shows Illinois population shrinks for 7th year in a row: Six facts you should know
- Deniers Still Refuse To Face Causes of Illinois Population Loss
- “If you’re not growing, you’re dying…many Illinois cities are trapped in a death spiral” – Ted on with Tom Miller on Newsradio WJPF
- “Nobody has a plan to fix the state. Not Republicans. Not Democrats. But that’s what we need in 2021.” – Ted Dabrowski on the Illinois Channel