If you have any interest at all in Gov. JB Pritzker’s shutdown order, the video below by Village of Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau is a must-watch. It’s superb.
Pritzker’s order and his reopening plan are at this point nothing more than autocratic farce. The “science and data” he says they are built on are quackery and they are irrational on their face. He is grinding the Illinois economy into dust.
Perhaps worst of all, he ignores it to suit his politics. With breathtaking hypocrisy, he personally attended one of the recent large protests at which, as reported by ABC Chicago, he joined the chant of Black Lives Matter. Social distancing? Nah.
Watch the video below.
UPDATE 6/10/20: Mayor Pekau today released a second excellent video also linked below.
Second Video released 6/10/20:
Read more about COVID-19 and the impact on Illinois:
- COVID-19 Peaked In April in Illinois Just When Pritzker Changed ‘Science and Data’ To Say Otherwise
- No cuts, record spending, and hoping for a bailout. Eight things you need to know about Illinois’ 2021 budget.
- Illinois government jobs protected, private sector jobs decimated during COVID-19 shutdown
- COVID-19 spreads to half of all Chicagoland retirement homes. How did this happen?
- Big raises for Chicago Teachers Union, AFSCME shows where federal aid will end up
- Trading at junk levels: Illinois borrowing costs 5 times higher than AAA-rated states
- Pritzker’s overly-restrictive shutdown rules make Illinois a national outlier